Monday, May 11, 2009

What the?

So I was flipping through one of my many food-themed magazines yesterday when I came across an ad for I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Cooking & Baking sticks.

Their big claim is 50% less saturated fat than butter. But in a way, I'm not sure it's worth it as there is no difference between butter and this product in terms of total fat and calories.

Now, I've got to ask. Has anyone tried these? I'm so curious about their taste! I'd love to try a side by side comparison by baking a recipe once with these and again with butter.

3 comments:

  1. Nope, I've never tried them. From what I've gathered you are right and there isn't really a big difference between them and butter. I would be interested in a side by side comparison too though, for informational purposes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I'm not the only one, Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I went out and bought some to test. I'll let you know the results soon!

    ReplyDelete